Thursday, February 16, 2012



Jeremy Lin says his storybook run with NY Knicks is ‘a miracle from God’ 


Linsanity is in full swing in Toronto, where Knicks PG hits game-winner

BY FRANK ISOLA / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

·     
TORONTO Jeremy Lin calls his rags-to-riches NBA story “a miracle from God,” adding that it is more than just a coincidence that everything is suddenly breaking right for him.

“Anytime something like this happens, a lot of stuff has to be put into place, and a lot of it is out of my control,” the Knicks phenom point guard said on Tuesday. “If you look back at my story, doesn’t matter where you look, but God’s fingerprints are all over the place where there have been a lot of things that had to happen that I couldn’t control.


“You can try to call it coincidence,” Lin continued, “but at the end of the day, there are 20, 30 things when you combine them all that had to happen at the right time in order for me to be here. That’s why I call it a miracle.”

Lin addressed a large media contingent following the Knicks’ morning practice at Air Canada Centre. He was asked about everything from his living arrangements to his meteoric rise from bench warmer to international sensation.

He was also asked about a comment Floyd Mayweather made via Twitter in which the boxer says that race, and not talent, is responsible for the attention Lin is receiving.
 Lin, who has remained grounded and humble over the past two weeks, managed to stay clear of the controversy when asked about Mayweather’s comments and if his heritage plays a factor.
“I don’t really know,” Lin said. “I’m not going to guess because I don’t have an answer to that question. (I’m) not really too concerned with what anyone says.”



No comments: