Sunday, January 25, 2009

Note From Dr. William E. May on Msgr. Smith

Sunday, January 25, 2009.

Dear Father Connor,

Father William Smith, a great personal friend of mine, was not only a splendid moral theologian but also a warm, loving, giving person. During the Christmas holidays in 1980 my son Tom was injured in a car accident while coming home from college and was hospitalized near Dunwoodie. I called Father Smith who immediate went to visit him and pray for him before I could come. An example of his Christ like love. I and others will miss him. May he rest in peace.

Sincerely in our Lord,

William E. May

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved going to IHM on Sundays to hear the awesome homilys. I was so sad to hear of his passing. I will miss him very much. May he rest in peace--the IHM family will be very lost without his presence.