Wednesday, April 03, 2013

"Tears" - From the Pope: April 2, 2013




"We can also ask from the Lord for the gift of tears. It is a beautiful grace: to shed tears for everything--for the good, for our sins, for grace, for joy, also. Tears prepare us to see Jesus. And may the Lord give us the grace, all of us, to be able to say with our life: 'I have seen the Lord,' not because he has appeared to me, but because 'I have seen him in my heart.' And this is the witness of our life: 'I live because I have seen the Lord.'"
[Took this from facebook. This is my translation--please correct it if there are mistakes --joey]

"Possiamo anche noi domandare al Signore la grazia delle lacrime. E’ una bella grazia: Piangere per tutto: per il bene, per i nostri peccati, per le grazie, per la gioia, anche. Il pianto ci prepara a vedere Gesù. E il Signore ci dia la grazia, a tutti noi, di poter dire con la nostra vita: "Ho visto il Signore", non perché mi è apparso, ma perché "l’ho visto dentro al cuore". E questa è la testimonianza della nostra vita: "Vivo così perché ho visto il Signore." (Papa Francesco, 02/04/13)

No comments: