Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Understand the Supernatural Dimension of the Moment

The Prelate of Opus Dei:

“My daughters and sons, I am asking God that we may understand very well that the greatest manifestation of love, of happiness, is in our self-lowering, because then God fills our soul to the brim. Let us not forget the great truth contained in those verses – poor ones, our Father said – that came to the lips of St. Josemaria: Heart of Jesus, enlighten me / today I say that you are my Love and my Good / today you have given me your Cross and your thorns, / today I say that you love me.

“Our Lord treats us in this way – union with the Cross – to sanctify us, and also allows the Church herself to suffer many attacks.”[1]

The Point, then: Understand that the global attack on the Pope by the media is Christ’s Love for the Church and the Pope. The Church and the Pope are being sanctified. There is a great supernatural good that will appear.

Nevertheless, speak openly and clearly in the Pope’s defense! Inform yourselves on the objective truth of the situation and don't be afraid of it. Read honest sources like John Allen, George Weigel when he goes in defense of the Pope, and some of Ross Douthat (understanding that he is being paid by the New York Times).



[1] Letter from the Prelate of Opus Dei to his children, Rome, April 1, 2010.

No comments: